Monday, September 17, 2018

FlipGrid Activity


FlipGrid                 Activity!! 




During our class time today we discussed our "FlipGrids" that everyone created to introduce themselves. Everyone took a turn presenting their videos and talked about their previous experiences and knowledge in science. These presentations were very enjoyable because they were personal and interactive. When teaching science, or anything for that matter, it is best to be as personal and fun as possible. This will get your students more interested and engaged. Obviously, science is the easiest subject to be interactive with because there are millions of different projects you can do, but you can make a flip grid video for any subject!
Our Flip Grids were about us and we answered some icebreaker questions, but you could really answer any question or say anything you want. You could make a Flip Grid for your students showing and explaining how to do an experiment or you could make one of you reading a book aloud for them to listen to. Watching all these videos everyone made during our class time really gave me ideas about different ways I could teach all types of lessons. Not only can I use them for learning, but I can use them to get to know my students, just like our class did! Especially with a larger class, it is hard to know all of your students interests and experiences, but using Flip Grid I am able to go back and watch the videos as many times as I want. Before this in class activity, I had never even thought about using something like this in my classroom, but now I am positive I will use it many times for many different things!

No comments:

Post a Comment