Thursday, September 20, 2018

Parts of a Plant

                 
Parts of a Plant Cell!




Group one presented on the different parts of a plant cell today, botany as a science. The presentation was very high energy and loud, which I enjoyed. The students were all taught the different parts of a plant cell in a unique and engaging way. All of the members of the group did a great job of speaking loud and clear and asking students various questions throughout the lesson. I myself even learned about the parts of a plant cell, which I haven't learned about in years. This lesson was geared towards fourth-grade students so they stuck to the basics but also went more in-depth than one would with 2nd graders. The group stuck to the basic parts of a plant cell such as chloroplast, cell membrane, mitochondria, ribosomes, etc. 
The activities that the teachers I were watching were very hands on and helped the students learn the parts of a plant cell in a unique way. They handed out construction paper and riddles, the students had to guess the part of the plant cell from the riddle and then make the structure with the construction paper. In my future teaching I will definitely use this activity to teach this subject and many other ones because it is hands on and different than other instruction. Teaching science is hard because it has to be hands on to some extent, but you have to find the perfect medium between hands on and direct instruction. Overall, I enjoyed watching this lesson and it made me think about how I could teach parts of a plant cell in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment