Tuesday, October 16, 2018

About me

About me as a person!

My name is Marley Chefalo and I am 20 years old, attending Mount St. Marys College taking classes learning about how to be a future teacher! Ever since I was little I always dreamed about becoming a teacher. My grandfather was a teacher at the high school I attended and my mom always told me that she regretted not becoming one. To me, being a teacher means giving students the information and encouragement they need to follow their dreams. When I think about teachers I have had growing up, I think of the enthusiastic and happy ones that were always there helping me and going out of their way to make sure I was getting what I needed. I hope to be one of these teachers, the one that sticks out in my students minds years after I have had them because I effected them in a positive way. 
I grew up in Cold Spring, New York where our community is very small and all the teachers are involved in something outside of school. If it was just going to the sporting events or starting clubs, the teachers were everywhere. They were more than just our teachers, they were mentors, someone we could talk to and most importantly someone we could have fun learning with. I hope that when I am a future teacher I can be this for my students, wether I'm in a suburban neighborhood or the inner city, I want to involve myself in the community around the school so the students can see me as more than their teacher. I am overly excited and thankful to be following my dreams and have the opportunity to teach future generations!

No comments:

Post a Comment