Thursday, October 11, 2018

Plant Classification Day 2

Plant Classification Day 2!
Working on the indirect instruction lesson was very different than how we worked on the direct lesson. This wasn't as straight forward as the indirect and harder to come up with an activity to do. We knew we wanted to bring in the actual plants because that worked very well for a pervious group and the kids were more enthusiastic to learn about the plant that was physically in front of them. In the end we ended up doing a "What am I?"packet with questions for each plant. We also incorporated articles on every plant for the students to look at and use their own thinking to find new information about the plants that we didn't necessarily teach. We had more then enough time at each station for every plant and this gave the groups a chance to really think and read through the articles and discuss it. 
Overall, I think our indirect lesson very well, despite what some people said. I think we had good ideas and spent a lot of time working on it. When I have my own classroom I definitely will do a lot of lessons in this group like method where you have stations that all the groups go to. If I was the actual teacher in this room I would have taken the time to make sure all the groups had member that's worked well together yet also encouraged one another to stay on task. That is one thing I noticed, some groups worked extremely well and got the assignment done quickly. While others didn't do any work and just fooled around the entire time. But, in the end, I am really happy with how our lesson turned out and I am proud of our ideas and ability to present it to a fourth grade class!


No comments:

Post a Comment