Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Teaching in a Group

Teaching in a Group


Throughout all of my education I have always worked in groups. Sometimes I enjoyed this and other times I would have preferred to work by myself. But, working on this project in my group has been more then difficult if I'm being honest. Everyone has different ideas of how to teacher our topic, plant classification, and some members are doing things on their own without consulting the others. Although we got everything done in the end and I am happy with our results, I don't know if I would want to teach in a group again. When working in a group on a project it is easier than working with multiple people on something you all have to teach. 

When working in this group I experienced a member of the group significantly changing and taking over work that I had already done, and the other group members had agreed on. I also dealt with someone with no regard for what the group as a whole had to say. They went off and did things on their own without consulting anyone else, and when they did consult in someone, didn't even listen to the response given. Although this was very difficult to work on, it was a lesson. In the teaching community you are not going to agree with everyone and everything. As a teacher you have to learn to adapt and change things, even if you don't want to, to make other happy. This project has showed me the realties of teaching and made me even more excited to have my own classroom and teach certain things the way I want to teach, without worrying about another teacher going through my work and changing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment